Friday, September 14, 2012

Several rainbows kissed the harbor yesterday afternoon, this is just one.




Well knock me over with a feather: I think the rainbow must have been shinning on the NG assembly, but they were in Hopedale meeting, so perhaps there was one there.

My excitement stems from a strongly worded press release from the First Minister of NG directed at the provincial minister for WST, you know the guy  who is bungling handling the Northern Ranger file.

Man I don't believe I have ever seen such a strongly worded statement on any issue, let alone one pertaining to marine shipping. Good for you all.

Alas the document is not up on the NG web site yet, I read it posted on the notice board of the post office this morning.

In lieu of that here are two interviews CBC -HV-GB did with Tom the minister and a representative from CAI-Nunatsiavut on the Ranger and the plans for flying people instead of marining them.

The more I think about this the more it is looking like a bad idea, and that is no reflection on CAI-N, it is a reflection on the minister and the provincial government.
How will they sort out who are legitimate users of the ferry and who are taking advantage of the cheaper air fare? it could cost many $, unnecessary $ that could have been avoided quite easily.

No comments: