Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I have received the revised NL Hydro bill as promised, I assume others have received same.

If they are all like mine there will be a lot of hair pulling trying to make sense of it all.

The figures below did not format very well in transfer, but it gives an idea.


The top figures are troubling; they may make sense if you have other figures at your disposal but as they are it just does not compute:


The $513.87 previous balance as per previous bill is OK.

The Adjustment figure of $613.56 credit is one I can’t compute. I assume it is the previous consumption figure before any discounts but for the life of me I can’t arrive at that figure from any stats from previous bills.

The Forfeited discount of $2.94 is puzzling as the bill was issued two days before the discount cut off date.

So we have 513.87 minus 613.56 plus 2.94 comes to Balance forward of $259.78. WTF sort of math is that.



D1.20 DOMESTIC DIESEL
PREVIOUS BALANCE $513.87
- PAYMENTS TO
JAN 27 2010
t ADJUSTMENTS 613.56CR
+ FORFEITED DISCOUNTS 2.94
t INTEREST
= BALANCE FORWARD $259.78

The only problem I have with the rest of the figures is that it is not what I thought we were promised, a detail of the previous 4 months usage, it’s costing and the like.




CANCELED CONSUMPTION 613.56CR
BASIC CUSTOMER CHARGE 15.57
****2,017 KWH 241.42
DISCOUNT 1.5% 3.85CR
LAB COAST ELECTRICITY REBATE 69.46CR

HARMONIZED SALES TAX (13%) MONTH 23.87


Electric service charges this month 207.55


PLEASE, PAY THIS AMOUNT >
$467.33

4 comments:

Shammickite said...

Harmonised Sales Tax? I thought that wasn't starting until June or July 2010????

Brian said...

NL has had HST for a number of years.

dogbait said...

I see your electricity industry is as confusing as ours.

Brian said...

It seems the consumer is up against the wall no matter if it is a private or public entity, the NL Hydro being a public one.