Thursday, January 03, 2008

Coincidently.

It was interesting that after my post of yesterday, with mention of bellycadders and it’s many meanings and spelling, low and behold if CBC Here&Now did not have a small piece on the Newfoundland English Dictionary and it’s usefulness amongst today’s young people. In interviews about how much Newfane’s people know, they asked of the word bellycatter, amongst others. I wonder if I should send CBC my consulting card.

I never spend too much time thinking about new years resolutions [some would say I do not spend time thinking period] but I did put a little thought into what Brissie Shelia posted on the subject. It would be great to be able to just one day wake up and all the world would be thinking and doing positive things, by the way I translate that as everybody being nice and positive in thought and action.

Alas even if I did decide to go that route what would happen with the rest of them, would they be the same nasty self serving half wits, or would they all change for the betterment of mankind. Would we stop reading about the two faced actions of governments, or would all the wealth generated by them be equally distributed.

Until I get some sort of guarantee that some people and multi nationals would change too, for the better, then some of us have to stay vigilant, and if it means bringing out the truth and challenging the status quo, then that’s the way it has to be for me.


Don't take me wrong, Brissie Shelia, or Ratsy, is a caring, funny, hard working woman [Ozzie rules fan aside] who has fought hard for the underdog, so no disrespect meant by me mentioning the new year post.

One thing not coincidental, my bloody face had bellycatters [-40 wind chill] after our walk this morning. Mind you it was some what steamed up by the fact I had just paid $366.30 for 100 gallons [450 litres] of heating oil.


On a brighter note: My little sister 'volunteered' to work late on New Years Eve, some pics from her office window.
Photo credit to my little sister.

No comments: