Saturday, April 28, 2012


Not so simple feta/spinach filo pie. Filo is a nice change but I think I should leave it to those professionals who have the time. This effort did turn out better than the first time I used it, but you sure have to be careful while using and follow instructions meticulously. The end result was OK I think, Fran finished off her portion so that is a good sign. The pictures depict the steps after the layering of the filo sheets on parchment paper. Plenty of olive oil is needed on the parchment as well as on every four sheets of filo x three times. After filling and folding the filo over you first cook the bottom of the pie on the stove top for 5 minutes before putting it in the oven.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shammickite said...

My DIL made one of these spinach feta pies using filo pastry at Christmas for my other DIL who is vegetarian and it came out surprisingly well seeing it was her first time at attempting one. Yours looks pretty good.