Thursday, August 25, 2011

Well we seem to be in an anomalous warming trend, only got down to 12.5 last evening from a day high of 19, must be something pushing warm air up from the Caribbean.

By the look of the projected tracking and 5 day forecast the remnant of Irene may go right over us.
But time will tell as they say.

As I was about to say Sean, the show on the mv Umiak was quite fascinating from many points. I often watch the Mighty Ships program, many are repeats, but still some good insights into the size, mechanics and running of some of the largest and strangest ships roaming the seas.

Umiak sure has some fascinating accents on board, the captain not being the least, and he is only 31.
I was hoping to see the accommodations on board, but come to think of it other shows in the series rarely show those on commercial vessels either.



3 comments:

Sean Lyall said...

Yup, that Mighty Ships Show didn't disappoint.

Shammickite said...

Unfortunately I didn't see it as I don't get Discovery channel as I am too mean, er, I mean poor, to pay for cable and I have an antenna on the roof!

seagypsy said...

believe most crew are Newfies, or at least naturalised Canadians. Quarters are superb, mess and galley are 5*, engine room is spotless. must be to operate up there all on its own. Had a good look while in Quebec.