Saturday, August 27, 2011

I figure we are getting the upside of Irene as it hits the US mainland. No reports of damage yet but in all likelihood there should be some soon.

The warm balmy gusty tropical like weather ahead of Irene is sure appreciated up this way.


This morning the sv Spirit of Greenport NY is at the end of the dock. No one around, nice looking boar being a well looked after Lafitte 44.

Meanwhile we were expecting the Wanderbird to pass through on way south any day now.

Through the wonder of facebook we learn that she is still in Nuuk Greenland waiting to see what the weather fronts are going to do.


Wanderbird is presently alongside in Nuuk , Greenland. We are all safe and well. We are waiting for a weather opening between local gales and possible hurricane northern track. We are happy to be with friends here


Down dock in afternoon just as sv Spirit was leaving the dock, "hopefully 12 days to NY" says the skipper. "Good luck" says me.

1 comment:

Shammickite said...

All those brave seafaring people out on the stormy seas... I admire them, but I've quite happy to keep my feet on dry land. I guess I'm a landlubber at heart, even though I was brought up right by the sea.