Friday, May 21, 2010

An Air Lab plane sneaked in late yesterday almost emptying out the Atsanik Lodge.

We only know this because we booked a meal and bottle of wine for little François and myself.

Nice meal and good service in an empty dinning room, though the bar where we had pre dinner drinks was far from empty.

I continued on with the baking yesterday; when on a role go with it eh. Couple loaves of zucchini/carrot/walnut bread and one small batch of 12 grain.

These photos show the contrast in the capacity of the "Kitchen Aid" mixer used yesterday with the "Sun" commercial mixer used the day before, and that was not its full capacity mix.




2 comments:

Shammickite said...

You are quite the accomplished baker! When you bake a huge batch, do you freeze it? I used to make all my own bread but haven't done much recently as there's only me to eat it and it goes stale too fast, without all those chemical additives to keep it fresh!

Brian said...

This weeks batches are all gone to happy little bread eaters.

But, I usually freeze large batches for home use, I particularly like the baguettes when thawed out and put in hot oven for 5 minutes or so, very crusty on the outside and soft and silky inside, great for having with spaghetti.