Monday, November 30, 2009

Yam and leek soup 2201.

I have been wanting to try cooking spaghetti carbonara for some time; I gave it a try last night.

Maybe it was the lack of good quality cheese, lack of white wine, lack of fresh cream or perhaps the whole wheat pasta I used, whatever, the taste did not excite that much and Fran gave it the big screwed up face and fused over it until I said “Siutik will eat it”, and she did.

The left over yam and leek soup and fresh made bread saved the day. The collage shows the various steps in making this easy to make very tasty soup.

With Northern getting a regular supply of both items the only other things you need is a small onion, butter, lots of fresh ground pepper and 8 to 10 cups chicken stock.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

I'm heading to the grocery store tomorrow for yams and leeks!

dannytoro1 said...

Alas, no Leeks found around here today. And now I'm crazing a good Leek soup with a touch of butter flavor.