Sunday, November 01, 2009



Yesterday started out so nice and winter like: first picture left. Then the snow turned to rain and it kept up most of the day and into the night, second right.



The poor little trick or treaters were soaked, not to mention there parents and guardians.
Shown are just two of the early groups. The turn out was low this year, not sure of the number, will check with Fran on her awakening.







Fran usually does all the handing out of treats, unless she is doing something else at the time of the knock on the door.
It so happens I answered on of the knocks, a very low soft one I hardly heard. On opening the door there stood this little kid [girl as it turned out] all dressed up. I must have looked intimidating, especially when I said, “So what do you say” [Fran insists kids recite the trick or treat bit.]

What does this little kid do? Well she recites the whole spiel in Inuktitut, with me standing there amazed.

I gave her the praise that she deserved, she was not impressed, she just said thanks and off she went.

Update: 147 treats given out, more than I thought, nothing keeps the little ones from their traditions up this way.

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

We had lots of ghosts and goblins around too but not as many as 147, even though I had enoungh treats for more than that. Oh well, will have to indulge myself in some leftover chocolate now and again, just so it won't go to waste, you understand.
Halloween pics on my blog!

dogbait said...

I suppose you call that snow a light dusting.

Brian said...

I have been resisting the left overs very well, cant say same for other chocolates.

Yes that is a light dusting DB, need way more than that before too long. It is snowing again as I write, alas the temp is above 0.