Saturday, November 07, 2009

We scored two more ‘designer’ shopping bags this week. Mind you they are not freebies, 5 bucks each and come in pink, red and another color that escapes me as well as the ones shown.
Any profits from the sale of souvenirs go to OKS so that’s OK.


I was struggling with ideas for something interesting for super. Resisted the slight urge to buy processed Chinese, made up my own did n I.

The not so healthy beer battered pork and zucchini was some what offset by the vegetables and rice.
The highlight was the red berry/garlic/ginger/honey/ orange dipping sauce. Or in my case drowning sauce.

It passed the F test. Fran looks on any food that does not contain bones with gravy and dough boys somewhat unfavorably.






I received a link to the latest photographs of the Paul's trip to Nain from Europe. This latest lot are of Greenland, Hebron [the ones with the church and family] and then Nain and environs.

It would seem that most of the Northern communities are handling the H1 N1 vaccinations way better than the south. You don’t get many kudos thrown the NG governments way from Nunastiaq news.

2 comments:

dannytoro1 said...

I wish I had not gone to that site for the Paul's! That trout on the cutting board was a powerful sight! What gorgeous looking dinner. Much larger then our tiny brook trout here too. I suspect you would never see me due to being out fishing there! I'd also like to buy some of those bags come the 4th of next month. Will they take credit card for bags and post costs?

Brian said...

Looks like they dont take credit cards.
e mail me kingurutik@hotmail.com
and we will work something out.