Friday, November 13, 2009

Staff of life.

Good ol rye bread, the last batch of baguette's [various varieties] made for the 'Community Welcome' this Sunday


Interesting that the Labrador Pharmachoice in the Valley is closing its doors. When the doors were first opened two years ago I thought it a positive move but with a proviso.

There also was some controversy at first with some Nunatsiavut ‘beneficiaries’ in the Lake Melville area up in arms claiming the NG were forcing them to abandon there long time pharmacies and use Pharmachoice instead.
Of course NG issued denials and publicly things quieted down.

I did have the chance to shop there personally a couple of times, the over the counter items were very competitive with the other two pharmacies in town, though the varieties and quantities were limited.

I made two mail orders from them, the first was sent Canada Post, the second [without asking me] was sent air freight. No more Labrador Pharmachoice for me, especially when I can shop on line and receive free shipping from a place in Ontario.

I guess with the suprsekret NG we will never know the reasons for this folding.

Two different styles [or if you like quality] of reportage, Holiday Inn will be building a full service hotel in Goose Bay and Holiday Inn may be building a hotel in Goose Bay.
Easy to see who put more time and effort into the piece.

No comments: