Friday, November 27, 2009

Some more shots of the artifacts [looks more like a mess I know] before moving and cataloging. The majority of these were taken in complete darkness; later a generator and lights were hung.

Posted by Picasa


On exiting the darkness I came across Laura Croft and the loft raiders. I did not have time to adjust the camera settings from the shots inside hence the wash out.

The globe hanging from the ceiling is cloth covered; I have never seen a world globe like that before.

The ceramic stove is in a back room for storage having been relocated from its original spot in the front room kitchen some 20 years ago.

3 comments:

Old Brooktrout said...

Why are Inuit sending their artifacts to St. John's?

Brian said...

Not sure they are Old Trout, not any of these ones anyway. I think some stuff may have been sent [not by INUIT by the way] after the fire that destroyed the old school building.
What I referenced are artifacts that were taken years ago and have been promised to be returned when a suitable building is complete.

Old Brooktrout said...

Phew. I read that sentence wrong. The documentary on Abraham sounds like it's well worth a listen!