Thursday, November 19, 2009

There is not much that gives one a more comforting feeling than the aroma of home cooked meals. This is especially true when entering a home where cooking is taking place or even passing a home while out walking.

I particularly noticed this yesterday. On taking a batch of bread out of the oven we promptly left for the shops and a walk. [We have to stick to a tight schedule, Siutik gets antsy and people notice the timing of our meanderings it seems]. Just kidding.

Any way back to the aromas, on re entering the house the smell of fresh baked bread was overpowering, so overpowering I just had to hack of some and smother it with butter, real butter that is.

I sure hope Tom in NS has had breakfast before he reads this post.

The forecasted ‘wind bomb’ did not eventuate yesterday. It topped out at 71 clicks, way short of the 90 predicted.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Ha! As I was reading, I knew you were taunting me even before I saw my name. If you had mentioned butter AND molasses, then that would have put me over the edge :) Sadly, I've only had a Nutri-grain cereal bar and a coffee so far. Have you ever tried this bread? http://www.tomrowsell.com/2009/01/fresh-bread.html

Brian said...

Have made similar back a time, should give it another go soon
http://torngats.blogspot.com/2006/12/no-need-to-knead.html#links

dannytoro1 said...

Do you have any suggestions to start a "poulish" starter for a rye flour sourdough? I tried one and it did not take. I got very lumpy and chewy bread!