Thursday, January 06, 2011

While it is not exactly Queensland with devastating floods it is a little off-putting walking in rain with water brooking down and across roads in January.

So yesterday was a great day [again] to bake some bread.

Top is bread making 101 and below is one way to use the result, pastrami on a bun served Montreal style [my bread maker for some smoked meat].













Update: Such a frustrating morning for folks wanting to travel, receive mail or just plain hankering for some sunshine, plus other happenings.

It did clear , well not literally but high cloud and an odd small glimpse of blue. Then down came the fog and drizzle and looking like it will stick around, again.

One plane in for sure and one SAR Comerant chopper. The chopper came in to medi-vac the two stabbing victims, must be serious to send SAR in.

6 comments:

Shammickite said...

I made 2 loaves of French bread with cheese inside yesterday... you inspired me. I had some toasted for breakfast, and gave the 2nd loaf to YoungerSon... now I have to bake some more, it's SOOOOOO good.

Shammickite said...

Two stabbings, huh? Nice way to start the New Year off.

Brian said...

I'd like to try some sort of stuffed bread, alas taste buds up here take some weening off traditions.

And the continuing tragedy list starts to play on peoples mind and soul too. Too much held inside is not healthy.

ViewPoint2010 said...

Your mention of the SAR flight made me think of a few SAR Techs I've met over the years and their enormous skill and bravery in the face of what sometimes appear to be insurmountable odds. I don't know if we truly appreciate the skill and commitment these people bring to their jobs and how many lives they save without any acknowledgement. I just know that if I'm in a situation I would welcome them in my corner anytime. Thanks for the reference.

Brian said...

We had two techs stay with us once while doing ice wall climbing training.
Awe-inspiring is the best way to describe these people.
The things they do just in training is amazing.
They sure are under appreciated, I especially think they got a raw deal with all that hoopla over the Cougar crash.

MargaretJ said...

You've got that bread-baking down pat! Care to share some of your secret recipes or techniques?