Friday, January 14, 2011

I received an e mail informing me that a member of the Grenfell Regional Health [LGH] services will be in town this coming Monday until Wednesday.

Carol Brice-Bennet asked if I had time to meet with her, the purpose of the visit is “to look into complaints about practices at the clinic and actions needed to improve services by Labrador-Grenfell Health”

I am not sure what is prompting the visit; maybe it is a follow up to the meeting held one afternoon here by Boyd Rowe and others of LGH and NG.

Also it may be related to a follow up e mail to that meeting I sent off to our MHA. I was not very happy about some of the responses by Boyd Rowe to concerns expressed by many at that meeting. It seems our MHA forwarded the e mail to Dept. Of Health and Community Services and that is OK with me.

Then it may be related to complaints filed with LGH by another member of the community.

Or it could be a combination of all of the above or none of the above.

If anybody in town has concerns relating the delivery of health care than they should contact Ms. Brice-Bennet or the clinic to arrange a meeting.

No comments: