Sunday, September 09, 2007

Berry good Sunday.



What a great day for picking berries yesterday, about 10c with brisk WNW winds to 55k official, no flies!
While up there a number of planes came and went, they were doing it hard on take off, I’m sure winds were stronger than 55, I almost got blown over several times.
Picked all blue again, but the red are plentiful with still some time before they are ready for me. Black are as usual plentiful, I tried some and they tasted sweeter than I remember so I may go and pick a bunch soon.

Siutik was getting in the road a lot; she has learnt how to get the berries now, though this picture indicates she may have scooped up some red ones. She will come and either sit where you are picking or start gobbling them up herself.
Then she tried to dig out whatever was under this rock, mouse most likely.

The bad news is that it is in the minus this morning, only -1c, but that is a start of the plunge.

1 comment:

Dogbait said...

So it's time to head back into the frigid digits!