Saturday, September 15, 2007

Apples plus Dust to Dust.

We had little hints from our granddaughter [GD] that a new lap top would maybe help in her post secondary endeavors, or words to that effect. GD has a Dell laptop that has had two fried hard drives in short order. GD is “fed up with this” and wants an Apple MacBook “that don’t get fried hard drives”, or words to that effect.
Times being what they are no one group of her extended family could really afford another computer at this time. So we offered to chip in [actually grandma would have anteed up the lot], mom and dad came to the party.

So then what to buy.

I shopped around on line, some really good deals on Toshibas at the moment, and I like them. But, GD was really set on a MacBook.

So I go into the Apple store Canada site, plus check out other offers. Apple store has an education discount plus a promo of a free Nano, so I go with them.

Strike a bit of a problem with me paying, GD in another province plus doing the education discount on line. So bugger this, I call the 800 number, very cool, try it some time.

After just two numbers entered I get cool dude2 who is helpful and knowledgeable beyond the norm [at least from my experience].
In what seemed like no time at all I have the MacBook ordered, minimum add ons, education discount, information on how to claim promo offer, no bullshit “would you like the 20 year warranty for xxx hundreds of dollars”, just plain simple courteous helpful service, way cool.

Only hick up was cool dude2 entered my e mail incorrectly, no problem, call them back next day, cool dude3 changes the info and all is copasetic.

The Nano was on its way the same day as ordering, the MacBook 2 days later.

So if FedEx is as efficient as Apple store Canada GD should be back on line early next week.


I’m having trouble eating and keeping my food down, some of these barstards have a lot of explaining to do to the people who put trust in them [ present company excepted] and be darn with law suites. This goes beyond the law, it’s about years of deceit and misleading people. But then some people are more susceptible to being misled than others [read self serving].


A couple of little riddles to end with:

How many Australians does it take to beat England?
Answer; 2

How many Springboks does it take to beat England?
Answer; 15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use only macs these days and though you pay a premium, you get good service. Fried my harddrive and they replaced it out of warranty, pretty sweet.

That will be one happy young student when that package arrives.

old brooktrout