Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Well it is official; I am totally acclimatized to cooler weather.

While the weeks of cool wet weather can get one down somewhat the sudden change to +21 in two days soaked the bejasus right out of me. It was +24 in the coolest part of our yard.
Mind you younger folk were soaking up the rays and overall enjoying the change.
With me I think it is also the dust from the roads, I noticed an increasing breathing problem when it gets this dry and the dust pervades all, cigarette smoke has a similar effect.

I am still trying to get my head around last weeks meetings on the Food Mail Subsidy and the proposed changes. The more questions I ask the more complicated any solutions become, still that is no reason for Government to not deal with the myriad problems that are taking away from the programs original intent and come up with a solution, it is broken so lets fix it.
Too many people find it easier to come up with excuses to not make change.

The premier of the province has flipped his lid again, for the second time in lest than a week Danny has lambasted and ranted and raged then abruptly hung the phone up on talk radio host Randy Simms.
Last week Randy mentioned that perhaps there were things not working for many in the health care field.
Yesterday Randy put it out for discussion that perhaps some parts of the province and some sectors of the economy are not doing as great as the center of the universe and the offshore oil sector.

I think most people expect more self control and decorum from their elected officials, especially premiers and prime ministers. Have a listen and you decide.

2 comments:

dannytoro1 said...

24C now?!?!?! That's an amazing swing. I'm surprised anyone is outside doing anything with a change that sudden. Alas we are slowly roasting here.36C Actual air temp, a scathing 45.6C with humidity right now. My current favorite spot being under the hose under the oak tree. No cooking today!Lol

dannytoro1 said...

Oh my, listened to the radio broadcast. Me thinks with all that fresh oil money slogging around, the province might want to get Danny a prescription of Lexapro for the anger issues. Not a Public Relations high point, that's fer sure.