Monday, June 22, 2009

A day at the beach, Nain style.





A great weekend all round would be my guess. Fishing, boil ups [using Tetley Tea] along the shore, celebrating Aboriginal day yesterday and the weather was amazing.

It did only get up to a high of 11 Saturday and 9 yesterday, none the less it felt warmer, especially standing on the shore ice with the sun reflecting back.

Fran was up early yesterday and we went down and took in a very nice full breakfast for seniors at the community hall. Lot’s of volunteers from all sections of the community and lot’s of left overs for doggy bags.
There was a parade and events going on all day at the Husky Center, Fran took those in while Siutik and I took to the hills then watched golf on our return, well I watched golf, Siutik is not yet a couch potato.

I did get a bit of a shock phone call from a local person, they wished me happy Inuk day. I was a bit phased there for awhile until they went on with “you are one of use now, so happy Inuk day.

In the evening we went out for roast goose, dam it was good.
Update: I guess you could say the harbor is ice free now. Good enough for some boats to go check how far out they can get.

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

And I hope you had a very happy Inuk Day! Nice to see the harbour without the ice, for a change. Summer is well on it's way. We had pouring rain all day saturday, but a lovely sunny day today (Sunday) 27C outside right now.

dannytoro1 said...

That fish would be in extreme peril if I were anywhere near. What are they using for bait? Do lures work there?

Brian said...

No bait, just lures, spincast.