Thursday, June 25, 2009

Funny weather day yesterday. Started off at +4 with some cloud, smelt like and looked like rain on the way. We had some very light rain, then it looked and smelt like a bush fire was out there, then it could have been smoke from the dump.

From noon to 4 PM the Temps rose from 10 to 24 [27 at the house]. Guess many people out in boat for a cooling off.

South of here Hopedale had 27 and Makkovik had the highest in the province with 31.
That high over Greenland decided to make a move south by the looks of it.

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

Hot here too, around 30C. I'm trying to keep all the doors and windows closed to keep the house cool, but as my old house is made of bricks, once those bricks heat up, it's really hard to cool the house down again.
New kitchen cupboards going in today, I'll be posting pictures of the progress.

Brian said...

Up to 22 here today but the wind has changed to east, nice colling breeze off the water.
looking to see the new kitchen, hope all goes well with it.

Dean Russell said...

I was Googling Nain and found your very cool blog! My wife and I visited Nain over twenty years ago. We loved it! The people were so friendly and nice. We are from New York State in the US (not the city!) My kids have begged me for years to go visit Nain, I am planning a trip in August to drive to Happy Valley and take the boat and then stay in Nain til the boat comes back. Problem is hotel wants $200 for two people! We are four (me, my wife and two kids. We also invited four friends to come with us. We can’t pay that much. Does anyone you know have a place to rent? We would be arriving on Northern Ranger Aug 19 and staying until the boat heads back next trip. Nothing fancy, just clean. We can even just throw sleeping bags on the floor. We can talk about how much. I will bring any thing you’d like from New York as a bribe! Thanks for listening.
Dean Russell
realplaster@optonline.net