Monday, June 08, 2009


I am somewhat inconvenienced at the moment by an archeological dig going on at the side of our greenhouse.

Post dig I had created some steps covered in grass to allow access to I higher point in the back yard. I have a little deck and dog house up there for Siutik.
Below is the archeologist having a break from the dig and looking rather sheepish for some reason.


We are still waiting for our time to come, it is past noon and the promised ‘fog burning off in the morning’ has not materialized.

With the weather as it is I have not been over energized in sowing any seeds for the greenhouse season.
Reluctantly I did sow small amounts of various loose leaf lettuce, spinach and some herbs on Saturday. I also put in some flower seeds outdoors and some in the front porch to see how they go.

Fran speculated that my reluctance may bring a good growing season and a plentiful harvest.

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

Your archaeologist is doing a very thorough job, your should double her wages.

Sarah said...

Have you been able to reconstruct your steps yet? I find that when my dogs dig a hole, there is never enough loose dirt to fill it back in! Where does the dirt go?! I have given up trying to keep one hole filled. They work on it constantly and arrange a little cone of loose dirt in the middle which they seem to use as a pillow. Pretty funny!

Brian said...

It sure is spread out, have to bring in fresh soil at times for repairs. Where I really do not want her to dig I have spread some gravel, seems to have done the trick.
What year was it you were up here Sarah?