Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shortbread Klutz.


Over the years I have made several attempts at making shortbread. Every attempt has been a disaster of one level or another.
The overcooked lump at the rear of the picture is yesterday’s attempt.

People say it is easy to do, just mix the three or four ingredients and viola, shortbread, well not me.

Will give it one more shot before Christmas, will keep a better eye on the timer.

At least I make half decent bread and rolls.

Oh, and Siutik loves the burnt edges, I get the not so burnt middle.
Sticking to form the temperatures is dropping as dawn approaches, it has dropped over 3 degrees in the last 45 minutes, negative 23 now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was young my grandma used to make "coffee" out of the burnt pieces of bread. Must have been a last resort.

Brian said...

Burnt bread coffee eh, think I will stick to Mayan Fusion.