Friday, December 26, 2008


On the prowl for meat on the bone.


Weather watch: Not sure I want to watch it this AM, hearing the wind [guts to 81] is enough to chill de bones. -46 chill this morning. Next warmer trend is not until Monday or Tuesday.

For Christmas day we did have a sprinkling of snow and a temp of -17, alas that pleasure was short lived as the predicted, and the predictable, winds came up again and the temperatures dropped.
At right: Last to leave the table again.

For the first time in memory I had a break from the kitchen, except for making an apple pie, as we were going out for Christmas dinner. I had made up a plum pudding, with extra rum, the day before so I was at a loss as to what to do for most of the day.
Part of the time was taken up figuring out how to work the Sony S frame that Fran gave me, have the basics figured out. Then it was off for a late dinner, very good it was too.
Fran takes great pleasure in stripping the bones of wild meat bear, always the last to finish her meal. She does not do desserts so I guess that is how she stays so trim.

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

Bear meat, eh? I've never tasted it, wonder what it would be like.
I'm making turkey soup right now, recovering after a hectic Christmas Day with my offspring and their offspring.... and feeling a little bit sad cos I'm all my myself today (apart from the mad puppy who I am puppysitting until Sunday).

Brian said...

Ooops, how about bare.
Whenever pups are around you are never really lonely.