Saturday, September 13, 2008

Friday round up.

Took the dog for a walk in the morning.

If I arrived home, in the condition I was in, 54 years ago me mom would not have been pleased one bit. Like Fran said, you look just like a kid.

Elaborating; after letting Siutik run free for a bit we headed back to the town boundaries, put Siutik back on the leash and headed up to where the new subdivision is being constructed.
Nothing was happening as the crews were out on their ‘turn around’ [construction speak for a break at home], so we head up to where one of the new streets ends, it is on the side of a hill with great views over the harbor.

To save time [I thought] in getting to the next new street we went through some rough bush and very wet, small brook laden mossy ground.
On arrival at the street there was large mounds of earth and bits of trees and bush all pushed to the side. We went over this and onto what looked like wet but solid earth.
After several steps it was revealed that solid it was not. I went down to my knees in MUD.
Did a step forward, down again, lost a sneaker, pulled it out and headed from whence we came. Another sneaker stuck in mud, extracted it and scrabbled onto higher and solid ground.
All this time Siutik was being very cooperative and not pulling too hard on the leash, I leave it to others to speculate as to her thoughts at this time.

So we sauntered back to the house, me caked in mud from knees to toe, passing a couple of people who had sort of embarrassed grins on their faces, embarrassed for me. Sure glad it was just before the school break for lunch, all those kids. Glad I did not have my camera with me.



After school we took Matthew berry picking. He picked black, grandma picked blue and I red.
The wind had dropped so the flies made it uncomfortable.

It was quite noisy up there with some target practice going on in the sand pit. A chopper came in to land at the hydro plant and just before we fled from the flies a twin otter took off.


Can any one ID the shooters in the picture below? They are to the right.




On outside goings on, there must be an election going on. These guys must take us for chumps, then again.

I think this idea from down under [substitute province for state] is worth a look see considering the state of our health care, transport, policing, education and on and on. It’s all a big balls up in this province for sure. Eliminating one level of bureaucracy would go a long way in attempting to solve the problem. The guy with the funny ear lobes would spit chips on the idea though.

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

Wish we could see a pic of you grovelling in the mud. Did you look anything like Tessa in this post?

Brian said...

The link does not work but I think I know the picture you reference Exsham. I was not quite that covered but the mud was thicker for sure.

I would not have used the word groveling, I think I handled the situation quite well. Self ridicule is good for the soul, pity more people around here did not use it as a purge.