Sunday, September 14, 2008

Blogworthy.

There is a lot of blogworthy material around but I am feeling rather relaxed and enjoying life's simple pleasures. Blogworthy, taken from Spongeworthy, one of the Seinfeld sitcoms skits.

The hills were alive with berry pickers yesterday afternoon, a nice stiff breeze made it comfortable.
The blue are starting to border on the over ripe, but boy are they sweet and juicey, the red are between near ripe and ripe, but I take the lot, love the tartness.

Northern stores had some packets of 'puffed pastry' in there freezer, I am a sucker for things in pastry so I purchased some.
Rolled one piece out, added some more butter and rolled it several times, made up some plain croissants and some filled with home made red berry jam. Yowza

3 comments:

The Voyage of The WANDERBIRD said...

Mmmmmmmm...Oh man that made my mouth water!! We're still at sea trying to get back to Maine. Weather in Labrador was wonderful but the gales began...and never really ended, once we got to the Straits of Belle Isle. Writing this now just having crossed the Cabot Straits and looking for a safe hbr to ride out this next blustery day, s 30-40 knts. We still are raving though about our trip to Labrador and, especially....Nain. Best to fran and all Rick and Karen M/S Wanderbird

Shammickite said...

Yummy.
Love those wild berries.
I picked a big basketful in Newfoundland one fall, froze them, took them back to ontario and made the best pies I have ever tasted!

Brian said...

Thanks for the libations R&K, and I look forward to -30 wind chills so I can wear the took, fells very warm. Pity about the rough weather, we have had reasonably kind winds here, unless you are a sail boat.

Ex Sham: Some say the Labrador berries are sweeter than the island ones, not having tasted the Island ones I can not confirm this. If indeed it is true then it most likely is an Ottawa conspiracy ;-(