Thursday, November 01, 2007

Booo.

I have been busier than a ferret down a rabbit burrow at Easter time the last few days. Man I hate doing spread sheets, never have managed to handle them without getting as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. Always afraid I will hit the wrong key and bingo, all gone.



Any way battled my way through with a couple of dog walk breaks a day.
Sure makes one appreciate the fresh air and environment we have after sitting in front of a computer, and working.

OK, most of the work was pro bono, but some one has to do it. I mentioned a time back that the Bell ExpressVu signal has been playing up again. I sat back and waited for it to either fix itself [that never happens] or some one some place would decide that the ExVu customers were getting a raw deal and it would be fixed, or a rebate would be offered on the monthly bill [not bloody likely].
Another scenario would be that some one some place would pick up the ball and take these bastards on. I can understand the reluctance in getting involved, it is almost a full time job with no guarantee of success taking on a company with one of the worst corporate responsibility records in Canada [from a consumer perspective].

So the other day I bite the bullet and call a chap at Telesat. I advise to the on going problem [not that the chap was not aware] and we go over what I know, what he knows [which is a lot technical wise], he asked if I have contacted ExVu, I replied in the negative.

Chap asked if I had any records of signal strengths and weather conditions over a given time frame. “Well it so happens that I do” I replied, “going back to about last March”, which took him back a wee bit.

So I had to put all this down and e mail it to the chap [at his request]. He did not make any promises, but said he will contact people in the right places and see if they can come up with a fix. The chap’s problem is that Telesat and ExVu are all under the same company umbrella
[or not], He does try under those constraints, so he gets points for that.

I guess a caveat on the above would be; the last time I took these yahoos on it was not until I went to my local MP, and he got the chair of the CRTC involved, that it was fixed, temporarily as it turned out.

The exterior of the NMC is coming along nicely, shingles are on, some siding at top of front, inside has been readied for concrete, and three large industrial heaters are being used where needed. Concrete finishers are supposed to come in today, weather permitting [light snow at moment], keeping fingers crossed.Will have picture update soon; don’t want to bore overly with sameness.

No comments: