Friday, November 09, 2007

Let’s have a real big belly laugh then.

For Oldbrooktrout; the whole episode went like this.
I walk around the back to see Siutik with the chewed harness hanging around her arse end. As soon as she sees I have the leash in hand she goes bananas, jumping all over the place like a 42 pound jack rabbit.
I attached the leash to her and take a firm grip of the other end. I then proceed to unhook the harness from her back end, all the time she is straining at the leash. I have my back to the direction the dog will be going; as soon as the entangled harness is released she puts it in low four leg drive and takes off. I go arse over on my back, all the time bawling to her to stop and hauling back on the leash.
On arising from the snow I notice a flattened frozen doggy doo right where my back was.
So yeah, I needed a physiological harness myself at that moment.
We did the discipline 2201 for 30 seconds or so. Siutik gives me the old ‘not me boss, I’m just a cute little ol pup’ look.
15 seconds later, after my ‘lets go’ command we are doing 40 kph as we hit the road.
Coincidentally, I had a bloke offer to buy her today. Selling her never entered my mind, even after the bloke returned with his wife and asked again.
To Michel: Thanks for the words of wisdom, I will need them and the patience you mentioned for sure.
On the weekend I hope to try out the new sled harness on her, should be lots of fun and ammunition for a great big laugh of a blog post.

2 comments:

Paradise Driver said...

I would suggest wearing a crash helmet when using the sled. LOL!

Anonymous said...

more thing Bryan, you must to show her the difference betwin leash and dogsleeding harness.The leash is for walk a round and the harness for working. if you have a sled, put some weight inside to help you to stop and remember never leave de sled if you fall out. if you do some ski joring,use a big bungie on your rope, it will be absorb the quick Siutik's start

good luck
Michel Grégoire
odgrim@yahoo.ca