Friday, November 09, 2007

Coincidence, telepathy, or……….

I had an e mail from my contact at Telesat [cat] yesterday morning asking me to do a signal strength check, Telesat had tweaked some transponders on Nov 1 and were wondering if any change.
I could have told cat that there was no discernable change. None the less I waited for the weather to be mainly clear, I was half way through the 32 readings when the phone rang, it was cat on the other end [see post header] asking if I had the next half hour free. Telesat was going to do another tweak and cat wanted me to monitor for any changes.

So I finished my readings and waited for the return call. While waiting I was checking the signal strength now and again, I could see the problem transponder signals going up slowly.

So in the end the problem transponders increased strength by between 8 and 10 %. They are in the high 60 low 70 % while other transponders are between mid 70 to 100 %.

I must thank cat, as well as my contact in Goose Bay [cigb] for his technical input into this exercise too; he has all the equipment and the techno jargon that helps in these situations.

So Bell ExpressVu subscribers can consider my efforts a public service. Bell ExpressVu corporate can send me $5.00 per Labrador subscriber for my efforts. Ho ho ho and cows can fly.

1 comment:

Paradise Driver said...

How about free sat service for life for your efforts? It really wouldn't cost them a penny.