Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mid week ramblings.


One very observant reader pointed out that the TV transmission tower was sticking out of the roof of the NMC.
This picture shows the new location.
I wonder if any other observant and or curious can tell what the strange buildings are for.

Googleings:
I had an e mail from a friend in Quebec, here is an except from his missive At the same time, I work for a non-profit, non-partisan organisation for the promotion of heathy public debates on various topics such as... "reasonable accomodations," a popular term in Quebec these days. I am in charge of the "Aboriginal file."

After reading this I thought, wow [X] is either working with the poor or even street people to obtain affordable housing.
After Goggleing ‘reasonable accommodations’ I come up with this, Dorh me eh.

Then some one in Dublin Ireland Goggled “ Nain Ireland”. This peeked my curiosity, so I Goggled Nain Ireland. This is what came up.
I thought it was a town at first, but no. It is a vegetarian restaurant and Guest house, looks nice.

On showing Fran the link she offered up “ If I had to eat there I would only order dessert”.
Sun is out and -6, very nice indeed.


3 comments:

Dogbait said...

"-6,very nice". I might need to disagree on that! We have a 35 in a few days. Will have to disagree on that too.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what those buildings are, but if I had to guess, I would wager that they are some kind of facility for detecting the entry of small, charged particles or "cosmic rays" entering the earth's atmosphere from deep in outer space, probably emanating from black holes. I'll bet they hit the atmosphere somewhere around Africa, then bounce up to Labrador where they are detected by very preciese instruments held in those buildings.

That's just what I'm guessing when I look at those buildings.

Brian said...

Any more stabs in the dark on those buildings?