Friday, October 12, 2007

Pork anyone?

Some time back one of my not so enthusiastic fans had a little shot at my spelling. Way late I’m afraid, I have long know my spelling is not conformist, when traveling in Europe it must have been torture for my folks back home reading my letters, I was a predigest letter writer, cant have everything can they.
Any way the gist of this is that someone in Whitehouse Tennessee Googled caned bacon.

I notice the population of Whitehouse has jumped dramatically over the last 15 years, pork maybe? Instead of looking oversees for solutions to NL population decline the answers could be down south.

The feds are going to put more money into protecting the countries oceans eh; will it be too late for this area of pristine untouched coast line? Maybe the new theme for the Park could be, come see the oil drenched coastline and black polar bears.
Hear and Now last evening had some dramatic video of the raging seas battering the barge, as of mid day yesterday the seas had not abated and now the barge is breaking up, what are the odds of an oil spill.

Update on the barge: The Canadian Coast Guard is now saying that the fuel/oil is now not on board the barge, he added that it is fortunate that the barge went aground were it did and not in some protected bay or something. The rough seas have flushed the contaminates away from the area. To where I wonder?
Lets hope, and it is a big hope, that with the increased interest in the north for carbon and mineral wealth the authorities put stringent penalties and some sort of oversight watch dogs on the ground/water/air.

No comments: