Sunday, October 07, 2007

Double ouch,

at least for the antipode’s. I have seen the French play in the past, more open play and way more entertaining to watch than the English. But, if you can shut down the play and win games????

A wet windy weekend to date, no ray of sunshine in the forecast either.

Only break of consequence has been at the shops. Of the two larger stores only one had Thanksgiving specials.
As usual the Mr. Scrooge of the north, Northern, did not have any deals, did not have much of a choice on the shelves or freezers for that matter.

Bigland had specials on fresh and frozen items, mainly for the festive meal, but a few other items as well. I did not take too much notice of savings, but one that resonates is the chicken.

I decided to have chicken instead of turkey, so looking at the 4 chickens in the freezer at Northern they ran at $9.84 a Kilo, cheapest was $19.56 or something like that. Screw the chicken I says to self.

Up at Bigland there were all sorts of turkeys, chickens, hams. Chicken ran out at $7.11 a Kilo, so I bought 2 chickens for $22.35, I will put one away for later. Several brands and types of hams were out; I chose the smallest smoked with bone in at $18.49. That in it self shows the payoff for having specials, dumb Northern.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading through the many moths you have been maintaining this web blog . . . and can't help but notice how u write VERY negatively about Northern there in Nain . . . but you are not so negative about the BigLand store....Why is this????

Brian said...

I try not to respond to Anonymous comments as rule, gets too convoluted IMO.

But the subject is a good one and I may do a post on it.

Out of curiosity, it would seem you have more than a passing interest in any biases I may or may not have displayed?

Anonymous said...

Bigland generally has better service than Northern!