Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

We have a nice clearish morning but with NW winds gusting to 63 giving a -7 wind chill.

I'm glad I got that 60 foot trench dug yesterday, it was hard going [through some frozen clay] at times, but my assistant Lucas did very well for a guy who had never done that type of work before. I have a few minor extra aches and pains having been re introduced to that Spanish gentleman manual labor, not to mention being a bit rusty on the banjo and the mick.

The trench was to lay a 1" PVC pipe from the New Media Building to the CBC site nearby. Later, when the radio studio is being fitted out a line will go directly to the transmitter, thus eliminating the use of a telephone link that is now in use.

Some post election fun: Seems that Big Island Country down under has more smarts than some smaller [not our own country] Islands to the north.



Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr part duo.



Quite the windy day, gusting up to 68 clicks, dust from the roads and construction sites being picked up now and then.
Wonder how hard the wind has to blow to keep these choppers grounded?









Looks calmer down south way with this budding pilot at the controls.

A couple of people have offered advice on dog control, thanks folks, have and will consider all advice.
Coincidently I had already made an order from this neat place, just conventional collar and I am going to try the harness type to see how it goes. I did consider the halter, will forgo that type for now.
Walking with her this morning she was ‘real busy’, missed walking yesterday as I was in the trenches. I tried the choke thingy, worked for awhile until a human or a another dog came into view, she just loves to play, my authority lasted as long as she decided it was enough of this “obey mumbo jumbo”.
I would take the training more seriously if she had an ugly disposition, but her personality beats me, most times.
As our buddy Susie says, you have to train the trainer too.

No comments: