Thursday, February 01, 2007

Questionable precipitation.

According to the official site we had 32.8 mm of precipitation yesterday.

http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/pages/nf-40_metric_e.html

Looking at the mm v cm measurement explanation we had roughly 32 of snow.
You would think we would have had to shovel this morning, but no, just hard packed snow all over town.
Maybe the operators spilt something or other in the measuring cup, I could speculate as to what, but wont.
I will add, to err is human, we all do it.

3 comments:

Paradise Driver said...

to err is human, we all do it

I never make mistakes. I thought I had once, but I was wrong.

[wink]

Dogbait said...

Dropped by via Wils blog. I just got back from Nepal where it dropped to -15 overnight and it nearly killed me and you are talking unimaginable -25! It's going to be 38c here on Sunday. That's plus!

Will keep an eye on your missives.

Brian said...

Hi dogbait,

Thanks for dropping buy mate. A friend of mine back in Wollongong used to be dogbait, retired now. Told many a story, similar to yours, over schooners at the Coniston Hotel.

-25 is not cold, -27 with wind chill of-39 is.