Sunday, February 18, 2007

Poisson et frites.

After a big day on the banjo I knocked up a good feed of fish and chips Labrador style. Look at these fillets. Fish were caught couple days ago through the ice; this was the smallest one of three given to us. Nice to have friends who think of you.

I like to render down some pork fat to create scrunchins, dredge the fish in flour and corn meal, add to pan, cook several minutes both side adding finely chopped onion on the turn.

I was going to make a joke about freedom fries, but that is passé, in it?

I mention FF because I caught one of the originators of the move to ban French fries from the US vocabulary on the PBS news. The senator or congressman was speaking against GWB’s escalation of the Iraq war. He gave the reason for his change of heart to the fact that he had been lied to.


No comments: