Monday, October 31, 2011

Some of my culinary skill [such as they are] of late.Had a nice pea soup with dough boys. No matter how many time we have this Fran always says "seems like a long time since we had pea soup". I also learnt that Fran does not mind fluffy dough boys. This flipped me a bit as Fran always talks about how her mom made the best dough boys, really hard.
The Tic Tok Pinot Gris was a nice accompaniment.
The omelet [leek and cheese] was made out of necessity, On returning from shopping I dustcover that 11 of the eggs purchased had spilled out of their box and into the bottom of the backpack. 4 had cracked but the contents were contained in shell.

Last evening it was prime rib roast with vegetables and for once; a successful Yorkshire pudding.I thought I had screwed them up again, the recipe called for equal volumes of milk to egg ratio. Silly me used water. But the end product was OK.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

I've never been able to make a successful yorkshire pud although my mum made really good ones, so it's obviously not an inherited gene. So now I have reverted to buying packaged yorkshire mix, can't go wrong with that..... or can I?

MargaretJ said...

Everything looks *delicious*

I just made my first "from scratch" biscuits last night. Very satisfying.