Monday, October 03, 2011

Our anniversary meal.

 I impregnated my first piece of meat. I'd ordered an injector, sort of a mini corned beef injector that the butchers used back in the day. I injected a secret ingredient into the meat about 30 hours ahead of cooking.
I noticed a subtle difference to the falvour, did not want to overpower the pork taste. I can adjust the type of flavor, hotness ect to suite the whims. Also the lenght of time it is in the meat will make a difference.

Bottom line is it worked.

We had a great day, went berry picking, or rather Fran did while I carried out a chore. Then Siutik and I played catch the ball while Fran picked a good lot of red in quick time. We have a special spot in the center of town that no one else can get at.
Then we had visit from GG son Terrence [and his Grandma] who is a very good gabba and entertainer.
Then later Matthew came up for dinner and brought along another 2 KG of red berries that he had picked. Then his mom came up for some carrot red berry cake later.                             




Posted by Picasa

Despite Matthews vacillating look at the meal he gobbled it all up with relish, and when doesn't he?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This all looks very tasty, but where oh where is the au gratin for the cauliflower bro?
Interesting about the meat injector. Had not heard of doing such a thing with meat.

Brian said...

Not forgotten just going with the status quo, though Fran does not mind it now and again.