Thursday, December 02, 2010

More news from the north on the new Nutrition North Program.

Interesting that the Minister states that; all on the advisory board are from the north.

After tracking down the Nunatsiavut representative I think it fair to say that that said representative is not from the north. Never lived in Nunatsiavut, never worked in Nunatsiavut.

Has visited Nunatsiavut while working as an annalist with the provincial government.

Has visited [not often] Nunatsiavut since starting as a researcher with NG but spends most of the travel budget visiting Ottawa and Halifax [own words].

Now I am not condemning the appointment, early days yet and things may work out. But they wont work out if communication channels are not opened up between the NG representative and the end users. That is you and I who live in Nunatsiavut. .

Now having some experience with the communications abilities of NG this does not bode well for the end users, perhaps the NG representative on the Nutrition North advisory board can overcome these prohibitions, I wish her well.

Michele Wood can be contacted at the NG department of health office in Goose Bay at 1 866 606 9750 or by e mail at michele_wood @ ng.com


Stats put this way I can understand. Be interesting to see a similar video of those who have benefited finacialy by the creation of Nunatsiavut and those who have not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to provide my correct contact information for anyone wishing to speak with me or email me about the Nutrition North Program. As I have mentioned to Brian, my door is always open and I can be reached at the address provided and welcome the discussion.

Michele Wood
Researcher/Evaluator
Nunatsiavut Government
Department of Health and Social Development
Toll Free: 1-866-606-9750
Fax: (709) 896-9751
Email: michele_wood@nunatsiavut.com