Friday, December 24, 2010

Clear and cool, -14 at the house this morning.

I won the puppy pool [sort of]. I was predicting Siutik would have here pups late last week early or this week. Fran said my math was out and after Christmas was more likely.















Well after a long labor, about 30 hours, she did what she did the first litter, that is start having the pups while we were out in for supper.

Came home just after 9 and from the end of the hall I could hear the little squeals from the berthing room.

Picture on the left is last evening and 3 pups. On right is this morning and 5 pups.

Still very protective mom is so not bothered her too much except place two at her tits when they wandered in the wrong direction.

The plan was for her to have the pups out in the back porch, Fran insisted.
Well mom had other ideas I tell you, she chose a spot in a spare bedroom and that was that, no manner of having her check out other spots, especially the back porch, made a bit of difference.

Have to set 5 more places for tomorrow.

4 comments:

THE VOYAGE OF THE WANDRBIRD said...

Hey .......PUPPIES! Great to see your proud mother Siutuk. Hears alot! Our Nain gal, Pitsik, took her first swim today and loved it! She's doing quite well in the warm,(hot), weather. Merry Christmas to you and Fran and all of yours. Your friends, Rick and Karen WANDERBIRD ps I'll bring some local brewed beverage to you from here ...maybe more than one this time!

dannytoro1 said...

I`m sure those new pups will surely enjoy your culinary expertise! Hope you and Fran have a happy holiday too. Good luck with your newly expanded family!

Brian said...

Hi R & K, merry Christmas to you and the crew, beer and some of that coffee you brought last trip too.

And to pathfinder, really great to hear from you, was thinking you brought the farm it has been so long.
Have a great festive season man.
No snow to speak of here and the sea ice does not look like freezing for some time yet.
Hope all goes well.

dannytoro1 said...

Maybe I should have bought the farm, but I`m too cantakerous to let the doctors do me in! I do admit 2010 is a year I`ll enjoy forgetting. First they take out a 28 lb. Strip out of my belly. Then my adoptive mom got uterine cancer and passed away in october. And I just had surgery on the right hand.

Come january I`ll have surgery on the left hand and neck. They want to do vein stripping on both legs, but from what I`ve, I`m not to keen on that one. Especially being down for 4-6 weeks. I`m just going to continue the weight loss and walking for now.

I am coming to Canada this year if it kills me. That`s why I`m getting these things fixed. My sisters tell me I won`t make it though! They say I can`t swear off the pretty girls that long. Little do they know my favorite niece told me she`s they only pretty girl I need to worry about seeing in 2011. And that`s how it`s going to be-lol.