Saturday, February 28, 2009

The temperatures are going down the shiter for the next several days. High minus 20 with minus high 30 wind chills.

This weekend sees the playing of the annual Bernard and Jeffrey Webb Memorial Hockey Tournament, 6 teams are signed up this year, one from Hopedale was supposed to take part but did not make it leaving four local, one from Natuashish and one RCMP team.
Games started last evening and continue until the final on Sunday.

No updates yet on Michel Andrews walk for diabetes, hope to get something later today.






I had just started to plow into the evening meal when Fran offered up that I should take a picture to prove that I cooked up some meat n potatoes. Not that I have to prove anything and anyone cares but here it is anyway.

I wrapped a nice piece of prime rib roast in bacon and slow cooked it in a roman pot, keeps everything nice and moist.

















There are people getting some caribou lately, some are going north and being successful, I have not checked the satellite for where the main George River heard is but I think it still south and west of here.

5 comments:

Shammickite said...

That dinner looks good!
Our Swiss Chalet was good too.... about 35 people went out for dinner then we all went to see an Imax movie about the Alps. It was a "Swiss" evening out!
I spoke to Ross Flowers yesterday and got our business transaction organised.... $$$ will be in the mail on Monday!

Brian said...

Any yodeling competition?
And the left over meat was great in a sandwich.
Hope the little caribou arrives safe and sound.

dannytoro1 said...

...Is that Brussels Sprout and carrot on that dish? How do you keep them so colorful?...

Brian said...

I am always amazed at the color retention too, must be the chemicals used to help them retain there freshness, and just because I sound cynical does not mean I am wrong.

dannytoro1 said...

I think I'll switch my Brussels sprout variety this year. The ones I've been growing look terrible compared to those. They are more white cabbage like.