Monday, February 23, 2009

Nice sunny day today, -22 early but should warm up.

I have been cooking for one since this past Tuesday; Fran was on a road trip, or rather a plane trip, to all the communities of Nunatsiavut plus Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
She should be on the way back from Rigolet as I write, this will make the third time she touches down in Nain on the trip, such is the air scheduling to and from north coast communities.

So it was mainly basic food like soups, fried bologna, sandwiches, but after a hard day of plumbing and a walk with the dog I decided to treat myself last evening.

Knocked up a lemon meringue then de boned a couple of short loin pork chops, flattened them out and presto…. schnitzel, had a coleslaw, smashed spuds and yams with sour cream and spring onions.

Fran as a rule does not do desserts but does like lemon pie so I am sure she will help out dispensing what is left.




1 comment:

Shammickite said...

That dinner looks pretty good. The veggies look fresh too. I love lemon meringue pie, haven't made one for ages. Love it when it's really lemony.