Tuesday, February 24, 2009

General stuff about nothing in particular.



The sun is slowly getting higher in the sky and the days a little longer each day.




Dogs best friend and mans best friend.



As you can see by these two shadow pictures I am not as big headed as some make out.










Deer and Inukshuk.

























Further to Saturdays post on the ITKTSIFS Strategic Planning Meeting. Another session was held yesterday with about five participants, NG employees and one store manager, not great but better than a kick in the arse as my pappy would say.

Self insulated paw pad.
I have been scanning the local media outlets for any stimulus for Northern Labrador from the recent Provincial Economic Stimulus Package announcement.

To date this is the only thing I have come up with, it is not good news, sad boy.

1 comment:

dannytoro1 said...

Hello Nain Bay,

It's been a while. I feel the angst on involvement. My family is all down in the Cartwright/Rigolet area. I've been looking at different projects in the area, based on what's there, and what's needed. SADC had published that they needed help identifying what companies/entities where involved locally. Well that was fine, I had been studying mineral claims in the areas for sometime. I updated who was what and sent them the list. I also commented on the Peat resource that was being ignored. You can do many great things with it, including Greenhouse grow your own local crops. You can also sell the peat as an ag commodity, make peat growing pots, dry it and burn it as a wood replacement.Even better, grow alders in it, harvest the alders and mix with peat for energy generation that is renewable. Heck, you can even turn it into natural gas if you want. All stuff to make the local economy self sufficient. But their only plan was selling out to a big company to strip the peat and send it off for use in a massive power plant. That's not sustainable. I dearly wish I could get up there an see the peat in the communities. I'd bet it could go along way to providing food, income and energy. And it could start small and grow. With an eye toward not wasting it and ensuring it is there for other generations. Ireland and Finland both do it. Still haven't heard back from SADC. But it's just as doable in Nain and the rest of the coast. The greenhouse tech is doable too. Heck, communities could grow different crops and trade for income too. I guess I'm crazy for thinking about the stuff. Probably why I never sent in my Nunasiavut membership app. , the dis-interest is discouraging.

P.s....Still looking for a AM radio..lol.nothing yet....