Sunday, February 08, 2009

Me mom called last evening, just to touch base and a bit of gossip about old buddies etc. The area they live had a temperature of 42 Saturday and was heading for 44 Sunday. Mom is happy to stay inside in front of the air-conditioner, not dad [see post below], he wants to go out and ‘check the garden’ against doctors orders of course.

Still they are amongst the lucky ones, man the folks down Victoria are really getting hit with bushfires and a rising death toll, may the spirits be with the victims and their families.
Bush fires always scared the bejasus out of me. One time I was a passenger in a car, the driver had some screws loose and insisted on driving along a road that had fire both sides. We mad it but not without sever blistering on both sides of the vehicle, idiot.

No complaints about the weather up this way of late, perfect, in the mid – teens for most part. Took Siutik out for a 3 mile run on the ice yesterday afternoon, she loved it and wanted more, the 4 wheeler went well too.

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

Does your dad live at Katoomba? I was there in 2003 staying with friends... loved those Blue Mountains, what a gorgeous place to live.
Lynden MacIntyre is still doing The Fifth Estate, I watched it last week..., I guess he got himself a job for life! But he does a good job, his programmes are really well researched and thorough.

Brian said...

The folks were up there for a granddaughters wedding, my bother lives at Wentworth Falls.
Some spectacular scenery alright, we went up for several holidays when we were kids, bit prone to bush fires though, then it would seem so is all of Australia.

Shammickite said...

I've been watching the news about the terrible fires, I just emailed all my cousins to make sure they are safe.... only a couple in the Melbourne area and mostly in the city, not the outlying areas. My thoughts are with all Australians right now, including you, up there in the cold!