Saturday, January 03, 2009

La tempête de neige qui n'a pas produit.


Yesterday afternoon, while waiting for the alleged blizzard to hit, I thought it a good idea if Siutik and I partook in a little exercise.
So after harnessing and hooking her up to the little Komatik away we went to the gas station for ten gallons of stove oil.

Bloody hell did I get the exercise, she pulled like the devil all the way over, my weight and strong arms come in handy some times.

Then on the return Siutik came into her own, she did a great job, with my assistance of course. She stopped and sat when I asked her to; I needed several deep breathing breaks.

The photos show us on the return, Siutik is somewhat more subdued than on our departure, and I am what you could safely refer to as knackered.




Any way the alleged blizzard never did eventuate. Some snow, freezing rain and some wind gusts to 65 does not a blizzard make, still no complaints this end.
Maybe Ryan needs to consult models other than the American and Canadian for future Northern Labrador forecasts.
We now have a snow fall warning, after the rain that is……….. Well it is raining; snow on top of that should make for interesting snow packs.


So after all the buggering around I did not feel like doing much in the culinary department, so Wieners mit Käsemakkaroni it was. Or if you prefer Wieners avec les macaronis et le fromage, whatever the language it was very good, especially with the extra cheese I added.
An added bonus for me, [Fran had mustard pickles] was the two relishes on the side. Home made red berry and walnut is the darker one, cranberry the lighter. The cranberry has a sweet orangey twang to it, gets better and more complicated to the pallet as it ages.

2 comments:

The Voyage of The WANDERBIRD said...

We both enjoyed the wonderful story and photos and .........by the way, nice tuque! You might see some small Wanderbird jackets around town as a parcel from Santa arrived in Nain last week with special gifts for all of our new young northern friends who took such good care of us while we were at the dock last summer. Happy New Year. See you in February!

Brian said...

Oh, you noticed the tuque? ;-]
My fav. for cold weather, too warm for what we are having now.