Monday, March 03, 2008

Bluesy Monday

Ever had one of those Sundays where you want to grab your architect by the scrawny neck and shake some sense into them. Or felt like kicking your project engineer from arsehole to breakfast time? Me neither, but I sure hope all their chickens have wooden legs.

Some one who knows once impressed upon me not to get overly comfortable when any building project nears completion date, "issues will arise right up until the end". Well they bloody well got that right. Nuff on that for now.

Further to the chickens with wooden legs. It turns out that my lack of due diligence had a role in my upset Sunday, so if I was that way inclined I would have to give my self a kick in the arse, but it does not let others off the hook.

Weekend was very mild, -18 and -16 respectively, not much wind, only down to -28 and -22 chills respectively. Even the guys from the Avalon Peninsular were commenting on how warm it was in comparison. Does not take long to acclimatize when you arrive in town in -38 wind chills.

Pups are getting really active, mom is starting to ween them off, getting a little short with them. So who do they turn to, Moe.

Explosive update:

CBC radio is reporting another ski doo exploding in Rigolet. Last Friday a resident had just driven his machine a short distance and parked it outside a friends home. While in the house there was an explosion outside, rushing out the machine owner doused the flames with snow.

There was very little gas in the fuel tank the owner said, he was on the way to the gas station to fill her up.

This comes on the tail of a Transport Canada release advising owners of Bombardier Skandic model 2007/2008 with V800 and V600 cc engines until further inspections are undertaken. The warning is just for people in the Goose Bay and Rigolet area.

6 comments:

Wejitu said...

Moe?

Brian said...

Moe-Minister of excellence, or it could be that I am their friend.

Wejitu said...

yeah yeah...you meant Moi, but couldn't spell it. Admit it.

Brian said...

You got a bug up your arse about sum'n wejitu?

Shammickite said...

Now, now, no argybargys.
I heard that news item about the skidoo exploding on the CTV news here in S Ontario yesterday.

Brian said...

I think I know what that means not sure though, words [sayings] have different meanings in different places, care to enlighten me? And the rest of us.

No issue this end towards DJ there, have with others but since living up here my tolerance levels have risen, not that many Canadians could tell.

Thanks for caring.