Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour??

I have been somewhat pre occupied of late so I may have missed any localized efforts to publicize Earth Hour that is to be held today.

First I really noticed was while browsing one of the daily papers. I guess there are differing views on whether it makes much difference, or if it is worthwhile depending on where your electricity comes from.
My thoughts are that any little helps and if a few people keep at these things then eventually it rubs off and grows and expands. You do not need to wait for the so called leaders to give the OK, be way too late to save the earth if we did that.

People in remote communities using diesel generation should pay particular attention to these sorts of efforts, alas we do not always get the relevant information in a timely manner.

So if my memory does not let me down in the meantime we will turn most things off for an hour at 8, and Fran agrees so that is two deteriorating minds working together.

No comments: