Friday, May 04, 2007

Suns out, yarhoo.

Took a walk, hard slogging, it's like walking on a foot of course salt soaked in vegetable oil.

The results for the chief of the Mushuau Innu are in: Pnote Poker won handily from a past chief Simon Pokue with Jim Nui third.

In totally unrelated here is a montage of the Square in Gaios Paxos from 1979. Not a lot of action, mostly locals or long staying tourists.
The young couple on there own were from San Francisco California, both were 'film' students, nice couple, help me celebrate my birthday for a whole week, now that's a story boy.
The guy in the red shirt with the happy face is Red Chars Stamarty, he is having a laugh at the young doctor extracting sea urchin spikes from the foot of a tourist.

The hotel and the beer outlet have had their licences renewed by the province. The Community Government will call for nominations for three vacant seats on the Alcohol Committee next week.

2 comments:

Paradise Driver said...

The Community Government will call for nominations for three vacant seats on the Alcohol Committee next week.

I'll drink to that!

[wink]

Brian said...

Yes, humor along my lines.

It does seem somewhat of an oxymoronic use of words; “Alcohol Committee” that stands for stamping out alcohol [for some].

My humor falls on deaf ears up here at times, I was talking to a guy who is part of the government, he mentioned he had “just come from meetings on alcohol and drug abuse”, I offered up “so are we to abuse or abstain more”. I got a blank stare.