Tuesday, July 05, 2011


A little while ago a friend brought us some Japaneses style buckwheat noodles.

With Fran having a discerning taste when it comes to noodles or pasta [if it ain't white it ain't right] I hesitated to use them.

Throwing caution to the wind I gave em a shot last evening. I had lots of left overs from previous meals roast port, so I diced some cold meat, mixed left over gravy with some meat juices, stir fried some vegetables and mushrooms, added some eggs at the end, poured the lot over the noodles.

I found the whole thing very tasty but the test was yet to come. After several mouthfuls Fran chirped up with "are these wholewheat noodles".

"Oh no" I replied, "they are Japanese buckwheat noodles that so and so brought us".

The tension was building and after a few more mouth fulls Fran says "they are pretty good".

Whew!.

The trials and tribulations of marine shipping continue. No biggy on the surface, the Northern Ranger left Goose Bay late again yesterday. This time only 11/2 hours late. The ETA into Makkovik is estimated 2 hours behind schedule this morning.
Do we have continuing mechanical problems? or other problems?

The time in Rigolet was cut to 1 hour from the 11/2 hours posted schedule.

Fog and light drizzle again this morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shammickite, who is this poster Brian....always see their posts and makes me wonder what they are thinking....friend or foe??

MargaretJ said...

Phew! I'm glad that she liked the noodles!

Brian said...

Me too MJ


Shammickite is a friend, fellow blogger from the TO area.