Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dutchy hoves into view.

Update from below: At right Dutchy just after hoving into view.
Trust me she did hove.

mv Dutch Runner arrive almost on time this morning. Took about 45 minutes to come from the point to reversing for docking at 7:45'ish.



People have all sorts of derogatory names for the vessel,and truth be known I have used some myself.
So in the interest of fairness I will refer to her as Dutchy from now on. Unless of course something happens for me to throw fairness out the window.

She unloaded the top deck freight from the stern OK, the tide was receding, and there are about a half dozen drop trailers now that she can use to "drop" the sea-cans onto either on board [ideally] or on the dock.

Nain seems to have been the only clear spot north of Goose Bay this am. Planes are now on the way so I hope the front does not head this way, though it looks like it is.

1 comment:

Shammickite said...

I'm sure there were a lot of people who were happy to see her arrive at the dock. And on time too, well, almost!