Wednesday, July 28, 2010

After finely making up there minds the weather spirits produced a not too bad of a day yesterday, sunshine, scattered clouds rolling in and a nice breeze.

It was a great afternoon to take the dog up the hills for some exercise and to take some photos, today of the new water line construction on the hill opposite to where we were.



The aftermath of the tragedies of the past months still resonates, I know with me it has made me very jumpy and grumpy and a lot less tolerant, I need to talk about it, but with whom? I am sure others feel the same and with more reason.

The aftermath affects people in different ways, one loses one gains. For me I do not understand what would be gained in asking the bar and the retail beer outlet to shut down for several nights.

If people want to drink they will find a way, and let’s not forget the drugs that are available.

I would understand if they closed for funerals, treating people like little children and in a paternalistic manner is not an answer to the problems facing this community.

I understand the CRT is doing their best under very difficult circumstances, if more help and resources was available year round perhaps?

A real nice sunrise this morning, wonder what the spirits will send our way for the rest of the day.



2 comments:

Ratmq said...

Just wanted to say that my prayers and thoughts are with you and your community......Such a beautiful place, yet faced with so many problems.... Similar problems are not uncommon most everywhere, but they seem magnified somehow in a small community. Thank you so much for your blog and for caring.
Sincerely,
Randy Goodchild
Coquitlam,B.C.

Brian said...

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment Randy, I appreciate it for sure.