Saturday, July 24, 2010


Work started on the town’s new water supply several weeks ago. The plan is to run a new line up Trouser Lake and connect the new line into the existing lines.

Some big pipes for sure, there are smaller diameter pipes which I presume will be used towards the town end.

The Trouser Lake dam will not actually be a dam but a reservoir, just using the existing lake.


Today is another bad flyday, just like yesterday was a flyday only it is Saturday today.

Hope the weather holds as we have a crew removing the old shingles and laying new ones. Started at it at 8, hope there is a slight breeze on the roof as there is nary any at ground level.

Lucky me with my bad back, I can duck inside whenever I feel like it. I will let the younger blokes to the grunt work and just help out getting the rubbish out of the way and the like.


2 comments:

Shammickite said...

Good to see you are back on this side of the world! You had such a great holiday, judging by the pictures you posted. Vacations are nice but it's always good to get back home. I just came back from a week in St Johns yesterday (Friday). A week wasn't long enough. Weather was great except on Friday which was fog drizzle rain fog and more fog.

Brian said...

Well thanks exsham: But as pointed out in next post it has not been a very happy time since our return.